Frequently Asked Questions
JEE MAINS ADVANCE
1. Whether the examination will be offline or online?
Ans. This will be Computer Based Test and will be conducted through Online mode only.
2. Am I required to provide finger prints to appear in JEE (Advanced)?
Ans. Yes, an important part of the pre-exam procedure is taking a fingerprint of your index finger. Remember the same fingerprint is used when you come for the seat acceptance after qualifying in the examination.
3. If I am absent in one of the papers, will my result be declared?
Ans. You will be considered absent from the examination and will be disqualified to receive the result. It is compulsory for you to appear in both the papers.
4. When should I reach my examination center to appear in JEE (Advanced) ?
Ans. Try to reach your examination center well in advance. It is best to familiarize yourself with the venue a day before to avoid the unnecessary stress on the day of the exam.
5. I am appearing in class XII exam first time in 2017. If I do not write JEE (ADV) 2017, am I eligible for JEE (ADV) in 2018 and 2019?
Ans. As per rules on date, you can appear in 2017 and 2018, but not in 2019.
6. Writing Paper-1 and Paper-2 in JEE (Advanced) compulsory?
Ans. Yes, it is compulsory. If a candidate is absent in one of the papers, then the candidate will be considered as absent from the examination.
7. Is it necessary to appear in JEE (Main) Examination twice? If I give the examination on both the occasions, which score will be considered?
Ans. No, It is not necessary to appear in JEE (Main) twice. This would be optional for the candidate to appear once or twice for the current academic session. In case a candidate appears in both the tests, the better of the two scores will be used for the admissions and eligibility for JEE (Advance)-2019 they have attempted both the examinations, best of the scores would be taken for the merit list.
8. Which Browser is to be used for applying the online application of JEE (main)- 2019 Examination?
Ans. Candidate should Use Mozilla Firefox/Internet Explorer (above 9.0) and good internet connection while filling online Application Form. In case of continuous time out clear cookies and history of the browser and fill in off-peak hours.
9. I have no access to a computer and no experience with online examination. How can I prepare for the examination?
Ans. NTA will be identifying schools, colleges and other institutions with internet and computer facilities in due course of time. The same will be designated as Test Practice Centers (TPCs) for facilitating free practice sessions.
10. Can I use calculator in online examination conducted by NTA?
Ans. No. Candidates are not allowed to carry calculators or any other electronic device in the examination centre. Detailed information in this regard is available in the Information Bulletin
11. Will the JEE exams get tougher from 2019 onwards due to involvement of National Testing Agency?
Ans. No. The syllabus and the pattern of the examination would remain the same.
12. What will be the pattern of examination?http://nucleusiitacademy.com/Pattern-of-examination.html
13. How Normalization score will be decided?
Ans. Please download the Normalization Procedure-NTA Score from the Home Page of JEE(Main) website i.e. https://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/Public/Home.aspx for details
14. I have appeared in Class XII examination in 2017. Will I be able to register for JEE (Advanced) 2017 without uploading Class XII certificate?
Ans. Yes. The candidates who appeared in Class XII examination in 2017 do not have to upload any document with respect to Class XII Examination.
15. I have Class XII pass certificate and the marks statement as a separate document. Which document should I upload during the JEE (Advanced) 2019 registration ?
Upload the Class XII marks statement.
MEDICAL AND NEET
1. What is the age criterion for appearing in NEET-UG?
Ans. He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete that age on or before 31 December of the year of his/her admission to the first year Undergraduate Medical Courses.
The upper age limit for NEET (UG) is 25 years as on the date of examination with relaxation of 5 years for the candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC-NCL category and PwD Candidates.
For Candidates of General (UR)/General-EWS- born on or before 31.12.2003
For Candidates of SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD Category- born on or before 31.12.2003
2. Is NEET applicable for taking admission in AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry?
3. In how many regional languages, NEET-UG will be conducted?
Ans. NEET-UG 2020 will be conducted in the following 11 languages: English, Hindu, Gujarati, Tamil, Kannada, Telugu, Assamese, Urdu, Marathi, Bengali and Odia.
4. Is there any seat in MBBS/BDS on which admission will be made without appearing in NEET-UG?
Ans. No. Admissions in 100% MBBS/BDS seats will be done through the NEET-UG only.
5. Through NEET-UG against which seats admissions will be made?
Ans. 1. All India Quota Seats
2. State Government Quota Seats
3. Central Institutions/Universities/Deemed Universities
4. State/Management/NRI Quota Seats in Private Medical / Dental Colleges or any Private University
5. Central Pool Quota Seats
6. What is the number of attempts for appearing in NEET-UG?
Ans. There is no cap for number of attempts. (As per letter no. U.12023/16/2010-ME-II dated 06/12/2017 of MoH & FW)
7. Who can appear in NEET-UG?
Ans. 1. Indian Nationals
2. Non Resident Indians (NRIs)
3. Oversees Citizen of India (OCIs)
4. Persons with Indian Origin (PIOs)
5. Foreign Nationals are eligible to appear in NEET (UG)-2018 for 15% All India Quota Seats.
8. What is the responsibility of CBSE for NEET-UG?
Ans. The responsibility of CBSE is limited to the conduct of the entrance test, declaration of result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General of Health Services, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India for counselling of 15% All India Quota Seats, Deemed Universities/Central Universities/Seats of ESIC & AFMC including BHU & AMU and providing the result to the State Counselling Authorities and Admitting Institutions.
9. What is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test –UG (NEET-UG)?
Ans. As per regulations framed under the Indian Medical Council Act-1956 as amended in 2018 and the Dentists Act-1948 as amended in 2018, admissions in 100% seats of MBBS/BDS will be done through NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY CUM ENTRANCE TEST (UG) – 2018 (NEET-UG, 2018) in Medical/Dental Colleges run with the approval of Medical Council of India/Dental Council of India under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Government of India except for the institutions established through an Act of Parliament i.e. AIIMS and JIPMER Puducherry.
10. Do I have to indicate choice of AIIMS (i.e. AIIMS New Delhi, Bhopal, Bhubaneshwar, Jodhpur, Guntur (A.P.), Nagpur (Maharashtra), Patna, Raipur& Rishikesh,) during Online Registration?
Ans. No, there will be no need to indicate the choice of AIIMS. However, the choice of AIIMS will be chosen at the time of online counselling.
11. How does one can apply for the AIIMS MBBS Entrance Examination-2018?
Ans. The Application can ONLY be submitted through Online on the AIIMS website https://www.aiimsexams.org
• Before you proceed with the application process, please ensure that you have a valid Email ID and mobile number and valid Identity Proof (Aadhar Card/ Driving License/ Pen Card/ Passport/ Voter ID/ EPIC Card/ 10th Board Admit Card/ 12th Board Admit card.)
• Visit the AIIMS website -https://www.aiimsexams.org
• On the home page, click on ‘Academic Courses’ to select your desired course i.e. MBBS.
• Click on ‘Prospectus’ to download it, and read the instructions& guidelines carefully before Registration.
• Click on Registration/Login link displayed on the left side of the page and then on “Click Here” button in New Registration Section.
Please read the instructions carefully and Click on “Proceed” Button. Online Registration has 6 (Six) STEP
• Please register yourself by filling up the requisite information CAREFULLY. The responsibility of furnishing accurate information rests with the individual candidate, as all subsequent communication will be through your registered Email Id & Mobile Number.
• Furnish your name and other details as they appear in your class-X / school leaving certificate. Any discrepancy detected at any stage of the verification process is liable to cancellation of your candidature for the examination/counseling/admission as the case may be.
• Click on Save & Proceed after filling up the information. The information, as entered by you, will appear on the screen. Please check it thoroughly, and in case any error is detected, click on the Edit button and make the necessary corrections.
• A Candidate ID allotted to you will appear on screen. Please NOTE it down for future reference. The Candidate ID & Password will also be sent to your registered Email Id & Mobile Number.
• Upon receiving it, Login with the provided Candidate ID & Password and change the Password on the first time Login and noted down it for future reference.
View city choice – Candidate can check the seat availability before the payment.
• Payment of the Registration Fee can ONLY be done online using a Debit/Credit Card or through Net Banking facility. STEP-3 City Choice
• Candidates can choose the city of their choice for the examination from the list provided. The city of examination is chosen by the candidate on first cum first serve basis and is subject to availability. Once made, the choice of city cannot be changed. Real time status of seats available will be displayed city wise. Allotment of the city of choice is subject to the confirmation of payment of the registration fee. Please note that in case last few seats are available in a particular city; it is possible that in some cases, during the time intervening between payment of fees and final choice of city,available seats in the city viewed earlier may be over and another city may have to be chosen. It is recommended that you apply early and not wait till the last minute since seats may be limited in a particular city of your choice.
STEP-4 Qualification & Address Details
• Furnish the required information regarding Qualifications & Address details in the Online Registration Form. STEP-5 Upload Images
• Candidates must take extreme care in uploading their Photographs and images. Once uploaded, they cannot be changed, unless found inappropriate and rejected by the AIIMS authorities.
• Upload the images of your Photograph, Signature & Thumb Impression strictly as per instructions given in the Prospectus (images should be in one of the following formats jpg, png or gif)
• In case, the images of Photograph, Signature and Thumb Impression to be uploaded are not available with you, Save & Exit and logout. You may login to complete the process later on (before the last date of registration), once the requisite items are with you, to complete the registration process.
STEP-6 Print Registration Form
• The candidates are required to take a print-out of the duly completed Application Form for future reference once they see that all the steps are ‘COMPLETE’ in Due Steps and the Navigations buttons appear Yellow in colour.
1. How many such exams like NTSE are there?
Ans. To gauge a student’s potential many exams are conducted at national and state levels. The notable exams are: NTSE - This exam identifies talented students and nurtures them. Scholarships are also awarded to the qualifiers.
KVPY - The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) entrance exam searches for the scientific temper among young students.
Mathematics and Science Olympiads - These gauges a student’s performance in Mathematics and Science at an all India level.
JSTS - The Junior Science Talent Search Examination (JSTS) is conducted separately in each state (union territories too) of India by the respective state education departments only through schools, not individually.
These exams are symbolic of merit and achievement and every student must try to qualify in these.
2. How can a student participate in Olympiads?
Ans. Olympiads are organized at two levels:
Level 1 is a Science Olympiad and Mathematics Olympiad that is organized by the SOF in the respective schools of the participants during school hours.
Level 2 is conducted across India and abroad and is organized in more than 120 centres.
The centres of exams are the Kendriya Vidyalayas and the exams are conducted in the month of February.
The top 500 students along with the school topper award winners of level 1 qualify for level 2 exams. Students from classes 1st to 12th are eligible for this exam. Registration forms are made available at schools and a nominal participation fee is charged from each student.
3. Will the foundation program help in gearing up a student for future exams like JEE, NEET and AIIMS etc.?
Ans. The various programs carried out under the ‘Foundations’ banner try to develop the reasoning and analytical skills of students that come handy when they go for higher level competitive exams like JEE, NEET and AIIMS etc. These programs help to invoke the thinking process of a child by making him understand the concepts from the basics. As the name suggests, the ‘Foundations’ course program establishes the ‘foundations’ of a student’s academic career which help him to succeed in all his future endeavors.
4. Is there some benefit if a student qualifies in NSO, NTSE or KVPY exam?
Ans.These exams help a student gauge his performance on an all India level. Qualifying in such a competitive exam definitely gives a student some brownie points on his resume. These exams boost a student’s confidence and catapult him into the league of achievers. Qualifying in such an exam is a symbol of excellence in education. So a student must give these exams his best shot..
5. How many students are there in each class?
Ans. Each class has a maximum of 20 students. Student teacher ratio is of 20:1. Less number of students in a class means greater attention for every student present. A teacher can give more time to each student and can clarify his doubts properly. Thus the students get trained effectively.
6. How can I pay the course fee of the program?
Ans. In the Foundations program courses where there is only one installment, fee that can be paid through Cash or DD. In this case neither local nor outstation cheques will be accepted. For the courses having more than one installment, the first installment is to be paid through DD/Cash/Cheque and the rest can be paid by post dated A/C payee local cheques. Payments can also be made online by visiting our website www.nucleusiitacademy.com using a credit card/online payment option.
7. Is it mandatory for a student to give exams like NTSE, NSO and KVPY?
Ans. No. It is not mandatory for a student to prepare for such competitive exams. However, it is beneficial if a student prepares for exams like NTSE that are held at a national level as these let a student know where he stands in a national level competition. A student gets to know about his weaknesses which will make him/her work even harder for future examinations. Such exams also set a student in the right mental frame so that he prepares himself well for future exams such as JEE, AIPMT and AIIMS etc.
8. Will preparing for such national level exams divert a student’s attention from his school exams?
Ans. The foundation level course at Nucleus IIT Academydoes not overburden a student with unnecessary facts and figures. It actually helps in enhancing the competitive streak in a student. The course material is so developed in such a manner so that a student gets simultaneously prepared for both, school level as well as national level exams.Nucleus IIT Academy understands the importance of school level exams and hence never lets a student get diverted from its preparation.
9. What is the need for foundation level courses? Is school syllabus insufficient for exams like NSO, NTSE and KVPY?
Ans.Exams like NTSE, NSO, KVPY and JSTS are conducted at national level. Thousands of students compete in these exams and in order to excel in such exams, a student needs some extra preparation and a competitive edge that is missing from the school syllabus. We at Aakash cater to this ‘extra’ need of preparation that helps your child excel in such exams. Having the achievement of qualifying in a NTSE exam on a student’s resume will surely go a long way in boosting his career prospects.